Columbarium & Memorial Plaque Garden
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
What is a Columbarium?
A columbarium is a group of spaces, called niches, usually found within a wall of stone that houses the cremated remains of the dearly departed. The name columbarium comes from the Latin word “columba” which stands for dove. For Christians, the imagery of the dove is a witness to the Holy Spirit who sustains us not only in this life but in life eternal. Hope Lutheran Church is blessed to provide not only a spiritual resting place for its members, but a peaceful place for loved ones to remember God’s eternal promise.
Hope Lutheran Church currently has 96 niches for sale for members of its congregation and their families. Each niche can hold two urns so that those joined in holy matrimony may rest eternally together. The front of the niche will have an engravement plate of the names of the deceased, followed by their birth year and death year. Families may also choose to engrave an additional line of text, as shown in the example to the left. A special ceremony will be held at the time of inurnment.
Pricing for niches are subject to change at the discretion of the Hope Lutheran Church Columbarium Board. A non-refundable $500.00 deposit is due with a completed contract to obtain a niche.
- 1st Level (Bottom): $2,600.00
- 2nd Level: $2,800.00
- 3rd Level: $3,000.00
- 4th Level (Top): $3,400.00
**Coming Soon in 2023**
On the sides of the columbarium, there are 192 memorial plaques. These plaques are separate from a Columbarium niche purchase. Upon payment of a memorial plaque, an engraved nameplate will be installed. This will include the deceased’s name, year of birth and year of death. May the memory of your loved ones persevere for many generations to come securely affixed to our columbarium.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many niches and memorial plaques will there be?
- As of right now there are 96 niches and 192 memorial plaques total. When all of the units are sold, there are plans to add two more structures doubling the amount of spaces.
How many urns does one niche hold?
- One niche holds two urns. If only inurning one urn, it must fit a space envelope of less than 12 inches tall by 12 inches wide by 12 inches deep. If two urns will be inurned, each urn shall fit a space envelope of less than 12 inches tall by 12 inches wide by 7 inches deep. Once the urn(s) have been enclosed, the niche will be sealed indefinitely.
Is there financing available?
- Special terms of 12 month, 24 month, and 36 month interest free payments are available. For more information, please contact the Finance/Office Manager or a Columbarium Board member.
Can a non-member purchase a niche or plaque?
- As of right now, only Hope Lutheran Church members, former members, and their family members are able to purchase niches and plaques
Who should I contact if I have any more questions?
- You may contact anyone on Hope’s Columbarium Board, or you can reach out to the Finance/Office manager during business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at 724-776-3141 or email@example.com.